Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

       Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love that it's about being with your family, friends and eating great food.  While I wasn't able to be with my family I did get to hang out with friends and have some American dishes.  The two main Western restaurants/pubs in Gwangju teamed up to host a Thanksgiving dinner.  It took place at Speakeasy and I have to give my thanks to the guys that helped put it together.  Everyone brought their favorite dish, so I made mashed potatoes and Oreo balls.  The turkeys were incredible and there was American Football on all day.  It was great being able to have the tastes, smells and sounds of home, even if it was only for an afternoon.

Having some good scotch.

Cleaned up and ready to go.
I'm ready.
Carving one of the three turkey's we had.

Thankful.

It's not Thanksgiving without sleeping on the couch after eating.

Supporting Movember.

Brian and I at German Bar. Brian's from Kingsport TN!

No comments: