Friday, February 24, 2012

Being Visited By A Coffee Girl

            Last Friday night I was hanging out in my apartment, catching up on the Linsanity going on in NYC, when I heard a knock.  I thought that someone was visiting my neighbor and was loudly knocking.  I was shocked when I heard my doorknob turn and when I looked at it I saw my door open! 
            I jumped up and met the stranger as they swung my door fully open.  They turned to look at me and I saw it was a woman.  She looked at me, shrugged her shoulders, and started to take her shoes off.  I told her, “Aniyo!” Confused she looked up at me, asking if I ordered a coffee.  It was when she showed me the coffee that I knew who she was.  I told her “Aniyo coffee-e juseyo” (That’s as close to “I didn’t order coffee” as I know how to say) and pointed to the hallway.  She apologized and quickly left.  After she walked out, I looked out my window and saw her get on a scooter, was yelled at by the driver and then they drove off. 
            You might be wondering why I told her to get out so sternly and it’s all because she had coffee with her.  Here in Korea you can order coffee from a 24 hour service and a cute Korean girl will bring the coffee to you.  She’s there for “companionship” but you can negotiate other “services”.  Yup that’s right she was a prostitute. This is a huge business in Korea.  You’ll see lots of guys driving scooters with a pretty girl sitting sideways and texting on the backseat.  Don’t be surprised by this as infidelity is a huge part of Korean marriages.  With all the sex motels and coffee girls it’s very easy for a guy to cheat on his wife. What’s sad is that most of these girls are orphans and have no family to support them.
            Now the million dollar question is why did the girl come to my door?  I figure it’s because some guy in my apartment building called her and then found out his girlfriend or wife was coming home early.  So he frantically told her a different number. Or maybe she just got the numbers confused. Regardless, it’s certainly something I wasn’t expecting nor do I want to experience that part of Korea again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coffee Andae!
or
Amu-go deo philyo- opsoyo!
(I don't need anything)

Derek4Real said...

Wow, wild! Coffee girls, I had no idea. I'll keep that in mind before trying to get a 4am coffee fix LOL

Anonymous said...

Can't believe this happened in 2012 ! It's more like 70s or 80s thing !

Video Teraveloka said...

Pertandingan Olahraga masih didominasi oleh sepakbola, itu sebabnya masih banyak yang bertaruh tanpa mengetahui cara prediksi skor akurat. Sehingga bukan kemenangan yang didapat justru sebaliknya. Harapan yang besar tidak dapat digapai karena kurangnya (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)